What Do I Need to Know if I Want to Buy a Medigap (Medicare Supplement) Policy?
The following are checklist is what our agency can help you with when learning about a Medigap plan:
- You could have Medicare Part A and be enrolled in Part B to purchase a Medigap policy.
- Plans E, H, I, and J will no longer be for sale after Could 31, 2010.
- Effective June 1, 2010, there will probably be two new Medigap Plans supplied, Plans M and N. As well as, advantages for Plans A, B, C, D, F, and G will change.
- Although some Medigap policies bought prior to now cover prescribed drugs, Medigap policies sold after January 1, 2006, aren’t allowed to include prescription drug coverage.
- In order for you prescription drug coverage, you may join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D) offered by personal corporations authorized by Medicare.
- You pay the private insurance company a monthly premium for your Medigap policy in addition to the monthly Part B premium that you simply pay to Medicare.
- A Medigap policy solely covers one person. Should you and your partner both need Medigap coverage, you each must purchase separate Medigap policies.
- You should buy a Medigap policy from any insurance firm that’s licensed in your state to promote one.
- If you wish to drop your Medigap policy, contact your insurance firm to cancel the policy.
- Any standardized Medigap policy is guaranteed renewable even you probably have well being problems. This means the insurance company can’t cancel your Medigap policy as long as you pay the premium.
- For those who buy a Medicare SELECT policy, you even have rights to vary your thoughts inside 12 months and swap to a regular Medigap policy.
Copyright 2010 Medigapproviders.com - All Rights Reserved
Call Now to Speak with a Specialist (855) 321-3210
Get Your Texas Medigap Quote Now!
Compare Top Companies in Your Area ONLINE!
Medigap Insurance Texas
Help's You- Learn, Compare & Save on your Medicare Supplement Insurance